2012/02/16




Great Spotted Woodpecker. Dižraibais dzenis. Dendrocopos major. Buntspecht.  Större hackspett. Suur-kirjurähn. Большой пестрый дятел.

  • It is quite common there, where older trees are and can be noticed by its tree knocking. In fact, don’t have anything interesting to say. The pictures I’ve posted here were taken after using its voice and waiting a bit after the call was made. There were 3 birds. 2 didn’t pay attention, the last one was quite interested, flew from the tree right of me to the tree left of me (I was standing under another tree). It did that a lot of times and I guess it got tired, so it landed just under my nose, right in front of me.
  • Starting tip: I guess masking is not a must, but it helps. Patience, standing still and using its voice is a must. You just have to hear its voice or knocking, use its voice and voila, he WILL pay attention to you, so simply is it.










No comments:

Post a Comment